The Resource Center for Pastoral Leadership at SNU was founded in 2013 under the auspices of then-president, Dr. Loren P. Gresham, who named Dr. Stan Toler its Founding, Executive Director. Dr. Toler led the RCPL until his untimely passing in December 2017.
Today, the mission of the RCPL remain unchanged:
The RCPL is created to be a place where pastors find:
- Inspiration for their Calling
- Encouragement for their Character
- Equipping resources to grow in their Competencies
We seek to fulfill this mission through:
- On campus, off campus and live streaming of lifelong learning events
- Quality ministry resources at low or no cost to pastors and congregations
- Utilization of the outstanding resident faculty at SNU complemented by top tier presenters/instructors from around the world
About Our Founding, Executive Director:
Dr. Stan Toler served as Founding, Executive Director from 2013-2017. Under his leadership, and with his sphere of influence attracting top-tier presenters, the RCPL at SNU quickly became a trusted source for lifelong learning resources for pastors around the world.
Dr. Toler was a best-selling author, leadership expert and successful pastor with 53 years of ministry experience. For more than a decade he served as vice president for John C. Maxwell’s INJOY Leadership Institute. He was a proven leader having served the Church of the Nazarene as General Superintendent, and in 2013 was elected to general superintendent emeritus status.
Stan wrote over 100 books with over 3 million copies sold to date. His books are enduring works that remain valuable resources to Christians around the world. For the last several years of his life, he pursued his passion for training leaders through his non-profit ministry, Toler Leadership International. Stan was quoted as saying, “My greatest joy comes from watching people unwrap their spiritual gifts and grow and develop as leaders.”